They are the worlds most popular sandwich. Americans eat three of them a week (on average). Simple to grill with virtually infinite possibilities.
How to Grill Hamburgers
Grilling a burger is easy and fast. Just follow the steps and it will turn out perfect every time.
- Take you ground beef (seasoned as you like) and form into patties 1 inch thick by 5 inches in diameter.
- Oil the cooking grate on your grill. You can use cooking spray or oil on a paper towel.
- Preheat grill to a high temperature.
- Quickly place all the patties on the hot grill and close the lid.
- Wait about 2 to 3 minutes.
- With a metal spatula test to see if the burger easily lifts from the grate. If not continue grilling, until it does.
- Flip all the patties provided they lift easily.
- Close lid and continue grilling for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once again check the patties to make sure they have released from the grate and flip one more time.
- Continue grilling until juices from the burgers run clear and the patties have a solid feel.
- Remove from grill and check to make sure they are cooked through by using a fork to pierce through the center.
- If burgers are too pink in the middle return to grill for another minute or so. Otherwise serve as desired.